The Bitwarden Contributing Docs contains all the information you need to get started!
It's likely the first thing you'll need to do is set up a local development environment; to do so, we recommend progressing through the documentation in the following order.
- Install all the recommended Tools and Libraries for development.
- Follow the Server Setup Guide to setup your local server and related services
- Build and run each Clients from source and connect them to your local server
- Read our Contributing Guidelines and Coding Style
If you're having trouble following these instructions, don't panic.
- The Bitwarden Help Center is an excellent resource to learn about the different features of our software and configuration options.
- If you're new, ask your onboarding buddy for help! This is an expected part of our onboarding buddy program
- Ask in the
#team-engSlack channel for general setup help
- Ask in the
#codeSlack channel for questions about coding architecture, patterns and problems
Help make this documentation better
We want a culture of shared knowledge, and documentation is one of the best ways to do that.
- If you have trouble following some instructions, please improve them.
- If you add or change a feature that requires setup for development, please update the documentation.
- If you're reviewing a PR that requires a change to this documentation, ask the author to do that as part of your review.
To contribute to this documentation, follow the instructions in the Contributing Docs repository.